|To make the brooch, I used the
picture on the left and drew a sketch, the best I could.
Then, using 20 gage wire to create a sturdy base Isculpty
clay, I fashioned the leaves and the oval part on top.
Once it was baked, I sprayed the entire pin with crome
silver. Then I painted the oval with pearlescent paint
and the leaves with gold spray.
It is a bit heavy and I didn't want to risk pinning it to the fine lace, so the best way I could find to secure it to the dress was to sew it on.
I redid the pin after getting better acquainted with sculpty and gapaxio.
And my final version that I use now is, of all things, posterboard and puffy paint.