I make everything in muslin first, or, in
this case, an old sheet.
Then I compare it to a photo to see where I need to make adjustments.
you can see the details of how I hand sewed the pattern
together and drew on the designs to give myself a better idea
of the size and shape.
this fabric I found suede cloth. The brown was a skirt I
found at a thrift store and the green was upholstery at the fabric store.
I used a template for the design and drew it on with a fabric pencil.
Below is the shoulder laid out flat
give the suede cloth a thicker feel, I used Heat ní Bond and glued two
pieces together back to back and then trimmed. Below is before I trimmed
so you can see the double thickness on the sleeves.
I did the same thing on the edges of the tunic
Below is my son trying on the tunic before I sewed it altogether.