Aragorn Crown Tutorial
time 1/2 hour - 2 hours depending on detail desired
(not including drying time)
Large black posterboard
Tape, scissors, foam stickies
1) Print template on white posterboard for best results
2) Color printed
template - gold/silver/ black permanent
markers are recommended but other media may be used.
Click to enlarge
3) When completely dry, cut out template
4) Cut out a 3inch
wide strip of black posterboard
along the longest length of the posterboard.
5) That black strip
is your base. Wrap it around
your head and tape together so it fits.
6) Tape (double stick is best) or glue crown templates on base
click to enlarge photo on right
7) Using large foam stickies, apply flames so they stand out from the base
8) Using small foam stickies, apply crests
9) If desired, carefully trace raised elements with puffy paint
10) Weather with black marker or a q-tip and paint (carefully!)