|I waited (mostly) until I could weather it all at once to best get an even match to all the pieces||Using black leather paint (because it sticks to just about anything including fabric paint and vinyl) I misted the entire thing pretty unevenly.|
Here's a better look at the spray job
|Three colors of shoe polish, two fabric pens, black acrylic paint, orange and brown fabric paint and pictures of the armor.||Detailing the straps and edges.|
Right side has shoe polish aging on it... probably needs some more.
|When experimenting with bringing out highlights on the back of the armor, I tried some orange fabric paint - but it wasn't the right color, so I stole a crayon from my son the same color as the||What I found was the color was not only perfect, but it left a waxy surface - shiney - and buffable. Kind of like... uh, leather? You must click the picture to get the full effect of this new 'weathering/leathering'|
|I went over the entire thing with a cross hatching of brown fabric marker that I smudged as I went.||The center design is black ball point pen. And the stitches were traces with black fabric marker|
|The dark spots are alternates of brown, black and cordovan shoe polish. The white spots (dirt) are done with whit shoe polish|
|Rubbing shoe polish into the fun foam had an interesting effect. It sunk into the crevices of the details and at some points rubbed off the fabric marker color.||As you can see, the fun foam looks very aged here, though, it could use a bit more, especially in the crevices where the 'metal and leather' meet.|